Discover the retrofuturistic city’s dark history as you play through the intertwined narratives of three quietly rebellious citizens of Wellington Wells, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, as they face their pasts, prepare for the future, and engage in activities that aren’t exactly status quo in the artificially enthused society.
- Retrofuturistic 1960s England
Set in retrofuturistic 1960s England, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusionally happy people. Everything appears joyful in Wellington Wells, including its roads, its people, and its omnipresent television personality: Uncle Jack! But, it’s actually a world on the brink of collapse. Come unveil its dark history, and discover how and why its residents came to be so beguilingly happy.
- Three Interwoven Narratives
Play as three flawed characters who explore their own connections to the events surrounding the rebuilding of Wellington Wells. They each have a unique storyline in which they interpret and react to the events around them in different ways. As you hide, conform, or fight back as each of them, you will encounter dark humour, a spot of hope, and even some redemption along the way.
- A Dystopia of Your Very Own
In We Happy Few, no two playthroughs are alike. While the citizens of Wellington Wells will always want to ensure that you’ve taken your Joy, the procedurally generated world will ensure that your experience with We Happy Few is different and unique. Wellington Wells is never quite like you remember it.
- Take Your Joy…or Don’t. The Choice is Yours
Customize your We Happy Few experience:
- Choose from a range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike,
- Play through the story, or make your own story by customizing the sandbox,
- Masochistic? Try permadeath!,
- Collect recipes, scavenge items, and craft dozens of weapons, tools, and devices,
- Creep, crush, or conform your way through puzzles and encounters, and
- Fight with the crazy weapons you can craft, or fight with your bare hands and don’t kill anyone!